It’s almost summer and a beach bag is a must have on your holidays. The beach is one of my FAVORITE places and I luckily live really near to one.
Being a summer time beach bum.. I’ve gained a bit of expertise on what you should take 🙂
Here’s what you need to pack;
- Sunblock; at the very least SPF 15. It’s nice to get a tan, but you don’t need to go unprotected and risk getting skin cancer.
- A towel; 1 per person that’s going. I always reccommend taking a towel even if there are loungers,because they are frequently un-comfy and you’ll need the towels to dry off in.
- A makeup bag: If you can’t leave the house without makeup you’ll want your waterproof mascara and lippy or whatever in here, and it’s always good to have some essentials in case you go somewhere directly from the beach.
- A hat/bandanna: Keeps the sun off your head/out of your eyes. The come in handy and can cover up a bad hair day.
- A good book: If you’re planning to make this an all day trip, you should take some books/magazines with you to keep you going. I prefer a paperback to a kindle or tablet at the beach as I think it’s easier to take and you don’t have to worry about getting sand on it, or where to put it in your bag.
- A small wallet: When I’m going to the beach I usually don’t like taking my whole wallet. I take a small wallet with some of my money, and maybe my ID, so that I can buy some food and drinks when I’m there. This way if you lose it or it gets stolen, all your worldly possessions.
- A nice dress: It’s good to keep another outfit to wear in the bag that’s lightweight and easily carried so you can go and do anything else after going to the beach. If you’re planning to change you might want to take clean underwear too, so you can change out of your wet bikini , and avoid looking like you’ve wet yourself/ you’re lactating.
- An emergency case: You should always have a couple sanitary towels/tampons in case mother nature creeps up on you at the beach. In this little case it’s good to carry alcohol wipes, wet wipes and band-aids/plasters if you’re going with kids or are accident prone like me.
Which bag are you taking to the beach this year?
Comment below and let me know (: