Hi! My name is Kitty, or atleast that is what I go by, I run a Hair Care Blog but today I will be guest blogging about how I have gotten “to die for skin” as many of my friends call it.
We all want to be that girl with glowing skin, with no break outs and no makeup needed to look flawless. What if I told you that last summer, I was that girl?
That’s right! The only makeup I wore was eye shadow & mascara (no foundation, no cover up, no powder, nothing!) and I’m here to tell you how you can have flawless, pimple free skin.
Your Diet Is a Big Deal
I know most of you probably do not want to hear this, but our diet is a big deal when it comes to our skin, last year I went raw for the summer (meaning I did not eat anything that had been cooked) Since I was living at home with my parents my eating schedule was based around them. I would eat raw when my dad(who works away from home) wasn’t there, when he was I would still eat healthy, but I was a little more lenient.
- Increase the amount of fruits and raw veggies you eat; I started each day with a strawberry- coconut smoothie : the coconut helps to flush out any toxins in your body and upped my intake of fresh fruits and veggies, as well as lots of “raw” cakes, made from nuts, honey and fruit most of the time.
- Drink more water; Other than eating raw veggies and more fruit I was(and still am) drinking 8-9 glasses of water a day, half with fresh lemon juice(something that will help flush out toxins and help you lose weight!)
- Take Dietary Supplements; taking “stinging nettle” pills(something I swear by to help get a flawless complexion)
- Avoid Sugary/ Greasy Foods. I also credit keeping away from sugary, greasy foods for three weeks at a time, taking a week off to eat bread and maybe a pizza, then going back to my “raw” eating.
Eating healthy isn’t the only thing we can do for our skin, If you shave, make sure you do it correctly and be gentle to the skin. I’ll walk you through my personal routine, which helps me to have super soft skin; everywhere on my body – not just my face.
- Hop in to warm-hot water and relax for a minute or two, this will give your pores time to open up; allowing for a closer shave.
- Grab some soap and a scrub brush(or anything you can exfoliate with) and get exfoliating! But be gentle, you don’t to kill your skin, just take off any dirt or dead skin so your razor won’t get clogged.
- Try to keep your razors new! they will work better. But now its time to shave! Try to shave as little as you can so you don’t irritate the skin. If you shave once a week, I suggest that you buy a new razor each week, or change your razor blades regularly.
- Once you have finished shaving grab your condition(yes the stuff you use for your hair) and massage it into your legs for a silky smooth finish!
- And just one last thing! Before getting out of the shower run your legs(or anywhere else you are shaving) under cold water to help close your pores back up and prevent the hair from growing back as quickly as normal.
Optionally: once you are out of the shower, a great at home “after shave” is lemon juice – be warned it will sting like a bitch the first couple times! This is honestly the tip I recommend most as it makes my legs feel amazingly smooth after my skin absorbs it.
Bonus tip: Try waiting longer in between shaving, it will start to take longer for the hair to grow back, I promise this does work if you give it time! I only have to shave once every two weeks now! and I stay silky smooth(meaning no stubble) for 2-3 days!
Showered and shave? Check.
Now a couple tips on moisturizing!I will be honest with you, I don’t even buy moisturizer any more, the 3 products I use for moisturizing are: Olive oil, Coconut oil and Shea butter, all of which are amazing.They are all great in their own way, but the oils can be, well a little oily so make sure you give yourself time to “dry” before putting on clothes, if you’re in a bit of a rush cocoa or shea butter will dry much quicker and get you out the door faster.
One of my favorite things to do if I want to make sure my skin stays silky smooth(mostly on my hands) is I will apply olive oil before going to bed and sleep in gloves or other tight clothing, I wake up the next morning and feel like I have the softest skin ever!
Don’t forget to moisturize both from the inside and the out – make sure to drink your water!
Lastly, I want to leave you with a few simple DIY skin treatments that I have used and swear they have worked wonders on me!
For Dry/Rough Feet
When I need to deal with rough/dry feet I warm up some olive oil and mix in a little coconut and peppermint(to get the blood flowing to my feet) and give myself a massage with the oil, apply a pair of socks and forget about it until I take the socks off, and my dry/rough feet are gone!
Exfoliating Facial Wash
- a little lemon juice
- and brown sugar.
Use right away.
Exfoliating Body Wash
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- 1 teaspoon body wash,
- and a pinch of oats together in a bowl,
Use right away.
I hope you enjoyed the post and I want to thank Jenny so much for giving me this opportunity!