It’s almost summer and a beach bag is a must have on your holidays. The beach is one of my FAVORITE places and I luckily live really near to one.
Being a summer time beach bum.. I’ve gained a bit of expertise on what you should take 🙂
Here’s what you need to pack;
- Sunblock; at the very least SPF 15. It’s nice to get a tan, but you don’t need to go unprotected and risk getting skin cancer.
- A towel; 1 per person that’s going. I always reccommend taking a towel even if there are loungers,because they are frequently un-comfy and you’ll need the towels to dry off in.
- A makeup bag: If you can’t leave the house without makeup you’ll want your waterproof mascara and lippy or whatever in here, and it’s always good to have some essentials in case you go somewhere directly from the beach.
- A hat/bandanna: Keeps the sun off your head/out of your eyes. The come in handy and can cover up a bad hair day.
- A good book: If you’re planning to make this an all day trip, you should take some books/magazines with you to keep you going. I prefer a paperback to a kindle or tablet at the beach as I think it’s easier to take and you don’t have to worry about getting sand on it, or where to put it in your bag.
- A small wallet: When I’m going to the beach I usually don’t like taking my whole wallet. I take a small wallet with some of my money, and maybe my ID, so that I can buy some food and drinks when I’m there. This way if you lose it or it gets stolen, all your worldly possessions.
- A nice dress: It’s good to keep another outfit to wear in the bag that’s lightweight and easily carried so you can go and do anything else after going to the beach. If you’re planning to change you might want to take clean underwear too, so you can change out of your wet bikini , and avoid looking like you’ve wet yourself/ you’re lactating.
- An emergency case: You should always have a couple sanitary towels/tampons in case mother nature creeps up on you at the beach. In this little case it’s good to carry alcohol wipes, wet wipes and band-aids/plasters if you’re going with kids or are accident prone like me.
What are your beach bag necessities?
Which bag are you taking to the beach this year?
Comment below and let me know (:
I was so in love with my headband I had to take pictures and show you guys!
Hers is a 5 strand, whilst I made a 3 strand braid from my old t-shirt.
|With my favorite sock bun ever >.<
|Colorful way of keeping the mane back
|Boho/Festival Chic ❤
Check out her tutorial for how to do the braid! All you need is an old t-shirt or some fabric you don’t want and a hair tie!
If you try it – link me your photos (:
I watched the Beauty Tag, from beautycrush on youtube. I decided to make a blog post in response, rather than a video.
- How many times do you wash your face daily? Usually twice. In the morning I usually use just water or salt water, and at night I use an acne wash if my skin is bad.
- What skin type do you have? Oily/Combination
- What is your current facial wash: Using a salt water rinse, or Clean&Clear 3-in-1 foaming acne wash.
- Do you exfoliate? Yes, I try to at least once a week
- What brand do you use? Queen Helene’s Gentle Honey and Oatmeal Scrub
- Do you have freckles? Yes, but not on my face.
- Do you use eye cream?No, just a light facial moisturizer.
- Did/Do you have acne prone skin? Not really, my acne is usually stress, or hormonal.
- What foundation do you use? MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NC 40)
- Do you use concealer? Sometimes, but right now I need a new one, so no.
- Do you know your undertone color? I’d probably say yellow
- Did you know you’re supposed to change your mascara every three months? Yeah, but I don’t. Eek.
- What brand of mascara do you use? Rimmel
- Sephora or MAC? MAC.
- Do you have a MAC pro card? Nope.
- What makeup tools do you use? I use brushes and sponges, although brushes more often.
- Do you use make up base/primer for the eyes? I’m looking for a good eye primer right now.
- For the face? No.
- What is your favorite eye shadow? I don’t really have a favorite singular eye shadow, but I do love any greens, teals golds and browns.
- Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Both, depending on the look.
- How often do you poke yourself in the eyes with eyeliner pencils? Not much. I used to all the time though, ’cause I used to apply my makeup in the car.
- What do you think about pigment eye shadows?I like them, but not for everyday use as they can be a bit bold.
- Do you use mineral makeup? I used to, I found it gave the coverage I wanted, but broke me out.
- What is your favorite lipstick?
- How about lip gloss? I don’t really like lip gloss, but prefer lip balm
- What is your favorite blush? MAC’s Peach Twist. Perfect and not too overbearing
- Do you buy your makeup on E-bay? No
- Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes
- Do you go to cosmetic company outlets? No
- Have you ever considered taking makeup classes? Yeah, I actually want to next year.
- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Not really anymore.
- Name a makeup crime you hate? When people fill in their brows too thickly.
- Do you like colorful or neutral makeup shades (Lipstick/Eye shadow) I like neutral eye shadows unless it’s green for everyday , but I do love smokey eye’s and red lips
- Which celebrities always have great makeup? Rihanna, Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson
- If you could leave home using just one makeup item what would you use? Lip balm ( Blistex Raspberry and Lemonade Flavor)
- Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? I do most of the time.
- Do you think you look good without makeup on? Yeah I guess.
- In your opinion, which is the best makeup line? MAC.
- What do you think of makeup? I like it, but think it should be used to enhance or to express your creativity rather than to make you look fake.
Hope you guys enjoyed! Do this tag too!
So, today I found it really hard to get motivated to do anything. I realized I needed to do some things to pick myself up, and thought I should share on my blog. This is perfect if you’re going through a stressful time such as exams etc.
Step 1: Give yourself a hot oil treatment. Apply the oils and massage your scalp. Put on your shower cap/conditioning cap. Leave on for 1 hour. (See my Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment Video Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYLC6kWxLuc)
Step 2: Run a nice hot bath. You can use sea salt in this bath too.. to soothe tired achy muscles, or you can use your favorite bubble bath, lush products etc.
Step 3: Grab a nice book (I suggest a paperback, not kindle version) and soak in your bath as long as you like ( 30mins -1 hr for me).
Step 4: Shave yo’ legs! If you need to.
Step 5: Drain the bath, and wash off in the shower. You can exfoliate, using a sugar scrub or a body brush etc. Now is also the time to wash your hair!
Step 6: Make some popcorn or get some of your favorite candy for watching movies. Pick your favorite movie and curl up and watch it! Also if you can multi-task paint your nails your fave color whilst watching!
Aaannnddd you’re done 🙂
|This is my night! ( Keep up with the blog for a homemade scrub recipe!)
It’s good to do this on a friday night, because it totally prepares you for the weekend. Trust me, tomorrow you’ll look and feel great. If you do it, share some pictures or comment. (:
Like this post, share or follow the blog!